Skip to main content

Tooth Fairy Conjunctivitis

November 9, 2017

Dear Todd, 

So as you know, since I was not home at the time, (ahem) the crossbow tooth-launch was a huge success. Which meant, the tooth fairy had to come. However, a rush from such an activity—the adrenaline, the thrill of success cannot be quelled by “Hey it’s 10 o’clock. Get to bed.” And I cannot stay awake past 10:15pm anymore. Apparently. So, it looked to be a recipe for huge TF failure. (“Tooth Fairy”)
So, I was pleasantly surprised to be woken up by the dog at 2:30am—perfect fairy time. And as I tiptoed into our youngest’s bedroom, I was reminded, once again, that I am my own worst enemy.

Days earlier I came up with the brilliant idea to place a “displaced futon mattress ” under his bunk/desk. It made an excellent little reading nook and I felt pretty good about myself. It just fit. Wedged up against his desk chair. Perpendicular to his upper bunk, with a little cubby under the desk. What this meant for the “not so small,”  half-asleep tooth fairy was she either had to straddle the sleepy body and hope she could post herself in a plank on one hand, while making the trade (tooth for money) with the other. 

OR she would have to army crawl under the structural beam and reach around the office chair like a rookie in bootcamp, but it would allow the use of both hands.

 Rumor has it she went with this military method, and was maneuvering with enviable skill, when she was ambushed by a large beast who dragged his tongue over her open, left eye. As the harsh reality sank in that she had indeed encountered saliva, in her eye, from a beast who was known for licking his butthole, and would most likely develop pink eye, he then began to nuzzle her head, boosting her mission to that of a green beret. The execution was flawless. The trade was made and the skilled fairy and the beast quietly backed out of the room. 

As the fairy climbed back into bed, the beast entered the room and began pawing at your side of the bed. Resuming her green beret skill set, she feigned dead and allowed the beast to wake you. She had suffered enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 and 3/4

September 22, 2016 Dear Todd, I am writing to tell you that we have a teenager. Rest assurred that in the midst of my own mental deteriation I have not forgotten his birthday. I know that technically, we have another 2 months until his 13th trip around the sun has come to completion...but he is already showing signs. So I have decided to begin documentation. I think it's gonna be a good time, if he can just keep himself alive. And to that effect, I call upon the Gods of Brains with this plea. Oh Mighty Gods Of Wisdom that is Teen, Please put down your iPhone 7's, And all that comes in form of screen. Please look upon those Whom, like a sponge, absorb our changing world But without really thinking, try to process With emotions that come unfurled Let him always choose To look both ways Focus on what he loves And get straight A's? All right, the grades would be An extra perk But, please just let him Understand hard work And let him choose wisely Whe...

Doggy Doggy, Where's Your Bonehead?

September 28th, 2016 Our dog Petey:  He's sitting in the kennel, with me. Why? Why is he in here with me? Why are we both not out in the great big world? Whether that be our living room, backyard, neighborhood, or dog park. Why are we both in this kennel? We can't even play in here. We can't even sleep comfortably.  And everybody is home.  It's not like you all went out and I climbed in here to take a nap. And he lured me in with a treat. What's his excuse? Why is he in here? WHY?!? What we hear: BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! Woof! Awwoooof! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! BARK! Me: (upon finding the source of barking and giggling while opening the locked kennel) What the?!? WHY?!?! A: (Laughing still) I don't know.

This Bud's for you

December 14th, 2016 Dear Todd, We went to see the Budweiser Clydesdales yesterday.  It was cool. They are seriously large horses--like Tyranahorses. Pretty sure that's what they're called. Pretty sure. And if I call them that enough, it will stick and they will be known as the Budweiser Tyranahorse, because we are living in a world where we can say whatever the f**k we want and not only will there be no consequence, but the word will be added to Webster's top Fab Five Fictious Phenomenons. But I digress... So we saw the horses. And as we were making our way back past them for the second time--aka "our farewell tour"--practicing our parade waves---one of our children shrieked and proceeded to shame Eric, the Clydesdale.  It would appear that Eric was giving me yet another teaching moment wherein I could explain the origin and meaning of the expression, "Hung like a horse." And so, I'd like to say, "Thank you, Eric. I really don't...